Expats Blog Awards - I got Bronze!

Thursday 20 December 2012

Expats Blog Awards - In the words of Sally Field, 'You like me, you really like me...'

Well I got the bronze award in the Expats Blog Awards -- so thank you to all my followers who gave me the thumbs up! Luckily I'm not particularly competitive so bronze sounds pretty good to me; I know my limitations. In fact when I came last in a running race when I was seven, it mattered not a jot to me for the simple reason that they gave me a consolation prize for being such a crap runner. I'm easily pleased like that.  In my eyes I WAS the winner!

And although I came second last in a cross-country running competition when I was 12 (I was in front of Fat Tanya, which really didn't count), I didn't feel too bad about that either. We were running laps of the sports field, and as everyone was finishing their third lap, I was still on my first, but I don't think anyone really noticed (and besides, poor Tanya was still only half way around the track). After that I made the brilliant discovery that PE in any form could easily be avoided by hiding in the changing rooms, curled up with a book beside the radiator.

I WON! Three T-shirts and a Wedding!
No, I think it's safe to say when it comes to winning things, I'm best at the 'free-T-shirt-for-every-three-shots-or-glasses-of-something-alcoholic' variety of competition, and in fact this is how I met DH. It was a Jameson Whiskey promotion in the Castlecourt in Westport, and by the time I bumped into him -- sometime close to midnight -- I was already the worthy winner of three such T-shirts and feeling ready for some full-on flirting.

The rest, as they say, is history...


No comments:

Post a Comment